| Project Worker
Complex Needs | 1 SW8 |£13.93 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 2-3 months | Job Ref: BD8376 | Posted: 23/01/2023
Central is currently recruiting for a Floating Support Worker, to work in the Lambeth area. The service provides housing related support to clients with varying vulnerabilities to enable service users to continue to live independently and safely within their own home.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working from Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM. Please note, flexibility is required as you may occasional need to work outside of these hours and on weekends. Cover is required for approximately 2 months. The pay rate is £12.43 per hour, with £1.50 holiday pay, totalling £13.93 per hour.
In this position, you will be required to:
- Hold a caseload of 26 clients and carry out regular key working sessions resulting in agreed SMART Support Plans which are reviewed regularly
- Provide housing advice to clients in order for them to maintain their tenancies including advising clients of their rights and responsibilities as well as advocating on their behalf as necessary
- Complete comprehensive and on-going needs and risk assessments
- Identify and promote opportunities for clients to participate in the community through education, volunteering, employment and leisure activities.
- Liaise with external agencies and internal departments in order to maximise client support services, funding and referrals
- Identify, report and follow up any safeguarding concerns.
Please note, this role involves lone working
To apply for this role, you must have;
- Experience working with vulnerable people who have mental health support needs, substance use issues, dual diagnosis, are at risk of homelessness and other complex needs.
- An understanding of some of the issues that can arise when working with vulnerable people with a range of backgrounds and support needs including: physical and mental ill health, problematic substance use, a history of offending and learning difficulties.
- Experience of holding a caseload and completing comprehensive risk and needs assessments
- Experience of providing a quality service with an insight into empowering clients through using the principles of assessment, planning, goal setting, and advocacy.
- Experience of Floating Support
- The ability to effectively liaise with a range of external service providers and agencies
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly after and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible