| Support Worker
Learning Disabilities | 1 EN1 |£12.66 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 3-4 months | Job Ref: BD8306 | Posted: 22/11/2022
Central is currently recruiting for a Support Worker to work in the Enfield area. The service provides high-quality supported living services to individuals with learning disabilities and autism.
The successful candidate will be required to work 38 hours per week, working across Monday - Sunday on a rota basis, covering early (8AM - 3PM) and late (3PM - 9PM) shifts. Cover is required for 1-2 months, with the possibility of extension. The pay rate for this role is £11.05 per hour, with £1.61 holiday pay totalling £12.66 per hour.
In this position, you will be required to:
- Provide high quality care and support services to service users with learning disabilities and autism both at the service and out in the community
- Key work with service users, discussing support needs, identifying risk areas and contributing to support plans and daily client notes
- Support service users in everyday tasks that meet their individual needs and preferences and enables them to do as much as possible themselves
- Provide medication and prompt service users to take medication
- Support customers to manage their finances appropriately where required and raise any concerns about the safety of customer's finances to a line manager
- Carry out personal care in a safe and appropriate way following guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Report and log repairs to landlord/HM, follow up any in-action and support the sign ups process
Please note; this role involves loneworking
To apply for this role, you must have:
- Experience in supporting people with learning disabilities and autism
- The ability to engage with customers and ensure they are safe, secure and feel supported at all times
- The ability to motivate others and build their confidence to try new things, meet new people, and be active members of their community
- The ability to work within a team structure and understand the importance of team work in relation to achieving desired goals and outcomes
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, as appointed candidates are expected to start as soon as possible following successful interview.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: