| Support Officer (london A)
Young People | 1 E5 |£13.75 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 1-2 months | Job Ref: BD8157 | Posted: 04/08/2022
Central is currently recruiting for a Support Officer, to work in the Hackney area. The service is a high support scheme which provides support to young people aged 16-19 with various complex needs living in supported housing. The aim of the service is to provide a secure environment and support users with emotional needs, boundaries and promote independent living.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Sunday on a rota basis, covering early (7:30AM - 3:30PM) and mid (12:30PM - 8:30PM) shifts. Please note; you will be required to work every other weekend. The pay rate for this role is £12.22 per hour, with £1.53 holiday pay, totalling £13.75 per hour.
In this position, you will be expected to;
- Hold a caseload of 8 young people, carrying out key working sessions which result in agreed Support Plans
- Complete comprehensive risk and needs assessments
- Use SMART goal planning to provide needs led holistic support
- Develop and maintain positive links with key stakeholders
- Support service users to develop the necessary skills to live independently, and to access training, education and work.
- Maintain customer files and ensure that accurate and up to date records are kept of support provided to customers.
- Liaise closely with the Housing Management Team to identify problems with Housing Benefit payments, review rent collection and address other tenancy-related matters.
To apply for this role candidates must have;
- Experience of working with young people with complex issues (such as substance misuse, mental health, and forensic backgrounds)
- Experience and knowledge of support and assessment of young people, including risk and needs assessments.
- Experience managing a caseload and building trusting relationships.
- A good understanding of the Housing Sector
- Knowledge and understanding of up to date legislation, government frameworks relevant to the customer group
- A good understanding of safeguarding children and adults
- Experience managing and deescalating challenging situations and writing incident reports and handovers.
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible.