| Team Manager
Young People | 1 E5 |£17.31 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 4-5 months | Job Ref: BD8153 | Posted: 02/08/2022
Central is currently recruiting for a Team Manager, to work in the Hackney area across three young people's schemes. The services support young people aged 16 - 22. The aim of the services is to provide a secure environment and support users with emotional needs, boundaries and promote independent living.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working from Monday - Friday, 9AM - 6PM. Cover is required for approximately 3 months with a possibility of becoming permanent. The pay rate is £15.38 per hour, with £1.93 holiday pay, totalling £17.31 per hour.
In this position, you will be responsible for;
- Provide line management, supervision and appraisal to 12 support staff within the service (working alongside a Deputy Manager)
- Hold day to day responsibility for rota cover and staff deployment.
- Ensure that all staff receive appropriate induction, training and development opportunities.
- Participate in the training of staff as required.
- Performance management including setting targets, monitoring and taking action to address any performance issues.
- Ensure the implementation of the support database and that appropriate records are kept.
- Develop and maintain positive links with local statutory and independent sector services.
- Participate in the management on call rota
- Carry out regular audits of service provision including; health and safety.
- Liaise effectively with partner agencies and stakeholders to ensure referrals and assessment issues are dealt with in a timely fashion, and service utilisation is maximised.
- Ensure contract compliance, monitoring and service satisfaction
- Ensure the delivery of a quality service which reflects best practice and adheres to all relevant legislation, policies, procedures and performance standards.
- Work within and monitor the service budget against management accounts
- Ensure that all the work carried out by the service meets Health and Safety requirements
To apply for this role, you must have;
- Experience managing staff and working with young people
- Knowledge of resettlement and housing issues for people with support needs including welfare benefits
- Knowledge and understanding of up to date legislation and government frameworks relevant to the young people
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting young people
- Strong knowledge of safeguarding procedures for adults and children and health and safety
- Experience of working within an assessment and support planning process
- Experience of fostering and maintaining relations internally and externally
- Awareness of Budget, Finance and HR (internal stakeholders)
- Management qualification or other relevant professional qualification
Please note, there is a requirement to participate in the on call rota if the role is made permanent (you won't be participating during the first three months).
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly after and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible