| Support Worker
Young People | 1 SE13 |£13.93 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 2-3 months | Job Ref: BD8089 | Posted: 15/06/2022
Central is currently recruiting for a Support Worker to work in the Lewisham area. The service provides assessment services to young people from the Lewisham pathways.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Sunday on a rota basis covering early (8AM - 3:30PM), mid (12;30PM - 8P) and late (3PM - 10:30PM) shifts. Workers will be required to work two weekends on, two weekends off. Cover is required for approximately 3 months. The pay rate is £12.43 per hour, with £1.50 holiday pay, totalling £13.93 per hour.
In this position, you will be required to:
- Hold a caseload of approximately 2 - 4 young people and undertake regular key working sessions resulting in agreed SMART Support Plans
- Complete comprehensive needs and risk assessments
- Assist young people with independence and preparing them for move-on, either within the borough's pathways or into independent accommodation.
- Ensure that safeguarding and addressing the immediate needs of the young people are paramount to service delivery.
- Work alongside other team members to interview and assess referrals to the project, helping to assess the needs of young people in order to identify appropriate move on accommodation suitable to their needs.
- Support young people that are ready to move into work, education or training by assisting them to access suitable courses or placements
To apply for this role, you must have:
- Experience of working with at-risk young people in a residential setting,
- Experience and knowledge of applying effective ways of working with young people particularly; young people with mental health and attachment needs, emerging personality disorder and significant self-harm
- A demonstrable understanding of the principles of risk and needs assessments, planning, goal setting and reviewing with young people
- Experience of working with young people to develop life skills and support their involvement in meaningful activities
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly after and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: