| Senior Practitioner 1
Homeless | 1 SW9 |£19.31 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 1-2 months | Job Ref: BD8033 | Posted: 11/05/2022
Central is currently recruiting for a Senior Practitioner, to work in the Lambeth area. The service provides support to rough sleepers and vulnerable adults with complex needs in a floating support service.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM. Cover is required on a fixed term contract until the end of July 2022 with the possibility of extension for 2 to 3 weeks. . The pay rate for this role is £16.56 per hour, with £2.75 holiday pay, totalling £19.31 per hour.
In this position, you will be expected to;
- Manage 3-4 staff member including support workers and assistant support workers
- Be responsible for the continual improvement of service effectiveness, ensuring service users receive a high quality outcome-focussed service
- Ensure that financial procedures and controls are in place, understood and implemented
- Be responsible for formal supervision, professional development and line management of nominated staff
- Be responsible for supporting the project and support workers including key-work and other interpersonal work
- Be responsible for achieving, monitoring and contributing to the review of the performance targets and standards for the team
- Be responsible for the provision of timely and accurate information, reports and analysis to Management
- Participate in a 24 hour 7 day on call system to provide emergency advice and support to service users, and/or back up to front line staff carrying out these duties
To apply for this role, you must have;
- Strong record and good understanding of the issues involved in managing support services to a range of vulnerable people
- Ability to manage and lead staff during a period of change and to manage change processes
- Ability to manage a team that works effectively with clients' challenging and difficult behaviour, and successfully engages with clients with a range of support needs, using an outcome-based approach
- Knowledge and understanding of financial controls and provide financial management
- Experience of managing and sustaining relationships with a range of managers, teams and community groups within a floating support service
- Understanding of homelessness and the importance of supportive relationships, and sustainability in preventing homelessness.
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly after and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible.