| Support Worker
Young People | 1 N17 |£16.41 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 1-2 months | Job Ref: BD8031 | Posted: 11/05/2022
Central is currently recruiting for a Support Worker to work in Islington and Haringey and Hackney area. The service provides support to vulnerable young people in various supported houses across the two boroughs.
The successful candidate will be required to work 35 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM. Cover is required for approximately 2 months. The pay rate for this role is £14.44 per hour, with £2.03 holiday pay, totalling £16.47 per hour.
In this position, you will be expected to;
- Hold a case load of key clients and conduct regular key working sessions.
- Contribute to risk assessment and Safeguarding plans
- Develop action plans with clients to address specific issues
- Provide telephone advice, drop-in sessions and visiting support to assist tenants with specific issues. Ensure client records are updated and accurately record interventions and demonstrate progress.
- Support service users to maintain their accommodation, budget and develop personal responsibility,
- Liaise with housing team to ensure residents are complying with the terms of their tenancy agreements.
To apply for this role, you must have;
- Experience of working with vulnerable young people, asylum seekers and refugees.
- Experience holding a caseload, creating Support Plans and setting goals
- Experience and understand of safeguarding and risk assessment, particularly with regards to LGBTQ+ people.
- Ability to work in a client- centred way and support clients to progress in their lives, including clients who are transitioning.
- Experience working in supported housing or advice services.
- Experience of working with challenging behaviour and be able to manage conflict
- Demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity.
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly after and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: