| Supported Housing Officer
Young People | 1 NW2 |£13.49 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 2-3 months | Job Ref: BD8024 | Posted: 04/05/2022
Central is currently recruiting for a Supported Housing Officer to work in the Barnet area. The service provides support for young people aged 16-25 to help them move towards independent living.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday, covering early (8AM - 4PM) and late (1PM - 9PM) shifts. There are no weekend or sleep in shifts. Cover is required for approximately 3 months. The pay rate for this role is £11.78 per hour, with £1.71 holiday pay, totalling £13.49 per hour.
In this position, you will be responsible for;
- Enabling young people to maximize and sustain their income by ensuring that all benefit claims are completed promptly and maintained.
- Completing comprehensive risk and needs assessments
- Holding a caseload of young people and conducting regular key working sessions resulting in agreed Support Plans
- Supporting vulnerable young people with developing independent living skills
- Supporting the young people with rent and arrears, completing health and safety checks,
To apply for this role, you must have;
- Experience managing a caseload of clients, coordinating support packages and proactively following up with other professionals.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Welfare rights that may affect vulnerable young people and in turn be able to advise, guide and support young people on these.
- The ability to understand the needs of young people and positively engage with them
- The ability to identify, develop and maintain strong, effective and beneficial partnerships with external agencies.
- Experience of formatting and delivering service work plans.
- The ability to effectively manage incidents and knowledge of health and safety requirements in a work setting.
- Experience working with vulnerable young people in a supportive setting including supported housing, social care, health care or a related area.
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: