| Community Support Worker
Complex Needs | 1 N4 |£13.66 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 2-3 months | Job Ref: BD8021 | Posted: 03/05/2022
Central is currently recruiting for a Community Support Worker, to work in the Hackney area. The service provides support to clients who have been placed in temporary accommodation within the Hackney borough. The aim of the service is to improve outcomes for clients by enhancing their ability to make use of external community and statutory resources.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working from Monday - Friday, 9AM - 6PM. Please note, there is a requirement to work one weekend (both Saturday and Sunday) once a month, 11AM - 7PM. Cover is required for approximately 3 months. The pay rate is £12.19 per hour, with £1.47 holiday pay, totalling £13.66 per hour.
In this position, you will be responsible for;
- Holding a caseload of up to 35 clients and carrying out regular key working sessions resulting in agreed SMART Support Plans which are reviewed regularly
- Completing comprehensive and on-going needs and risk assessments
- Assisting service users to move from temporary accommodation to more suitable and stable accommodation
- Completing referrals to external specialist services such as drug treatment or mental health services
- Stabilise and reduce risky and harmful behaviour
- Ensure that clients have access to primary healthcare services
- Develop clients practical living skills
- Assist clients to access and sustain education, training and employment opportunities
Please note, this role involves loneworking.
To apply for this role, you must have;
- Experience working with complex needs including homelessness, mental health and substance misuse
- Experience working within the community in a floating support or outreach role
- Experience holding a high caseload and completing needs and risk assessments and Support Plans
- Experience of lone working
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly after and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: