| Support Worker (with Caseload)
Young People | 1 SW9 |£14.02 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 1-2 months | Job Ref: BD7885 | Posted: 13/01/2022
Central is currently recruiting for two Support Workers, to work in the Stockwell area. The service provides support to various client groups including young people with challenging behaviour, young people with a background of homelessness and teenage parents.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Sunday on a rota basis, covering early (7AM - 3PM), mid (10AM - 6PM) and late (2PM - 10PM) shifts. Cover is required for approximately 2 months, with the possibility of extension. The pay rate for this role is £12.51 per hour, with £1.51 holiday pay, totalling £14.02 per hour.
In this position, you will be expected to;
- Hold a caseload of key clients (up to 15) and conduct regular key working sessions resulting in agreed Support Plans
- Complete comprehensive risk and needs assessments
- Work with young people to identify their strengths and goals through an asset-based approach to support
- Support young people to identify positive move on options and live more independent lives
- Establish supportive and professional relationships with customers and deal effectively with unpredictable and challenging situations in a professional and sensitive manner
- Carry out regular Health and Safety inspections
- Keep timely and accurate records including customer files, monitoring information etc.
- Support young people to pay their rent, including providing advice on benefits and debt management
- Ensure all voids are advertised and lettings made promptly
To apply for this role, you must have;
- Experience of supporting vulnerable young people to achieve independent living
- Experience holding a caseload and completing needs and risk assessments
- An understanding of the reasons why people become homeless and the needs and challenges they face
- Knowledge of safeguarding issues and how they apply in day to day work
- Knowledge of statutory and voluntary resources available to homeless people including an understanding of welfare benefits
- Ability to document clear records and to evidence outcomes achieved with customers
Please note, although the Support Worker will work as part of a team, there will be times when lone working is required.
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly after and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: