| Support Officer (london A)
Young People | 1 NW3 |£13.27 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 2-3 months | Job Ref: BD7833 | Posted: 25/11/2021
Central is currently recruiting for two Support Officers, to work in the Camden area. The service provides support to young parents whose children are on statutory orders. The aim of the service is to assess and provide support on issues ranging from behaviour, boundaries, independence, parenting skills, emotional needs, benefits, housing and life skills.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Sunday, on a rota basis. Shifts will be a mix of earlies (8AM - 3PM) and lates (2PM - 9PM). The weekend shifts are 8AM - 9PM. Cover is required for two months, with a possibility of extension. The pay rate for this role is £11.84, with £1.43 holiday pay, totalling £13.27 per hour.
In this position, you will be expected to;
- Hold a caseload of key young people and undertake regular key working sessions resulting in agreed SMART Support Plans
- Complete comprehensive needs and risk assessments
- Ensure the key working sessions are recorded according to company guidelines
- Ensure the service is running at exceptionally high standard and meeting all the service specification outlined by commissioners
- Undertake parenting assessments and provide support to the young parents
- Prepare clear and concise reports for meetings related to the welfare of the child
- Facilitate and encourage effective customer participation, consultation and feedback within the service
- Assist with applications for housing, benefits etc
To apply for this role, you must have;
- Experience of working with young parents with a variety of support needs and be comfortable with loneworking.
- Experience in the understanding of child protection issues and safeguarding procedures and be able to provide emotional support to the young people as required
- Knowledge of the Housing Sector
- Experience of undertaking customer assessments, support planning and key-working with a clear outcome focus
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritise workload.
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled for as soon as possible and the appointed candidate expected to start immediately.