| Support Officer (london A)
Young People | 1 E5 |£13.27 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 1-2 months | Job Ref: BD7830 | Posted: 24/11/2021
Central is currently recruiting for a Support Officer, to work in the Hackney area. The service is a mixed gendered young people service for people aged 16 - 22 who have high support needs. The aim of the service is to support users with emotional needs, boundaries and promote independent living.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Sunday, on a rota basis. Shifts will be a mix of early (8AM - 4PM), mid (10AM - 6PM) and late (12:30PM - 8:30PM). Cover is required until 31st January 2022, with a possibility of extension. The pay rate for this role is £11.84, with £1.43 holiday pay, totalling £13.27 per hour.
In this position, you will be expected to;
- Hold a caseload of key young people and undertake regular key working sessions resulting in agreed SMART Support Plans
- Ensure the key working sessions are recorded according to company guidelines
- Carry out assessment to identify and prioritise needs
- Support customers to develop the necessary skills to live independently, and to access training, education and work.
To apply for this role, you must have;
- Experience of working with young people with a variety of support needs and be comfortable with loneworking.
- Experience in the understanding of child protection issues and safeguarding procedures and be able to provide emotional support to the young people as required
- Knowledge of the Housing Sector
- Experience of undertaking customer assessments, support planning and key-working with a clear outcome focus
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritise workload.
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled for as soon as possible and the appointed candidate expected to start immediately.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: