| Support Worker
Young People | 1 SE7 |£13.12 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 3-4 months | Job Ref: BD7816 | Posted: 12/11/2021
Central is currently recruiting for a part time Floating Support Worker, to work in the Greenwich area. The service provides housing related support to young people aged 16-25, in their homes and in the community, in order to improve their quality of life and to increase their level of protection from risk.
The successful candidate will be required to work 18.75 hours 3 days per week; working Mondays, Tuesdays and half-day Fridays. Cover is required for approximately 3 months with the possibility of extension. The pay rate for this role is £11.71 per hour, with £1.41 holiday pay, totalling £13.12 per hour.
In this position, you will be expected to;
- Hold a caseload of 10 key clients and conduct regular key working sessions resulting in agreed Support Plans which are reviewed regularly
- Complete comprehensive risk and needs assessments
- Assess the needs of young people and plan and deliver programmes related to health, fitness, smoking, substance misuse, relationships, safeguarding, tenancy sustainment, employment, training, education etc
- Interview and assess referrals to the project to ensure the criteria is met and suitable clients accepted.
- Work closely with the council's housing and social services to help assess the needs of service users, in order to identify appropriate accommodation
- Work with clients on any financial or budgeting support required
- Support individuals to work towards gaining greater independence through participation within the wider community
To apply for this role, you must have;
- Experience of working with young people
- An understanding of working in a floating support service; with a knowledge of Housing and other related Legislation.
- Experience of completing risk and needs assessments, planned support, key working, goal setting, and advocacy with young people.
- Experience of managing complex and difficult situations in relation to young people.
- Ability to effectively liaise with a range of service providers or agencies in order to establish or improve services for clients.
- Ability to be self motivating, work under pressure, and manage time effectively, prioritising different areas of work according to need
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly after and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible.