| Resettlement And Support Worker
Substance Misuse | 1 N7 |£15.88 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 3-4 months | Job Ref: BD7813 | Posted: 11/11/2021
Central is currently recruiting for two Resettlement and Support Workers, to work in the Islington area. The service provides support to those with a history of homelessness who are currently housed in hostels, hotels, temporary accommodation and the private rented sector to maintain and/or access appropriate housing.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM but flexibility is required. Cover is required for 4 months. The pay rate for this role is £14.17 per hour, with £1.71 holiday pay, totalling £15.88 per hour.
In this position, you will be expected to;
- Hold a caseload of up to 20 key clients and complete comprehensive risk and needs assessments that lead to focused Support Plans
- Provide support to help prevent or relieve homelessness and assist service users to sustain subsequent tenancies
- Have a responsive approach to referrals to the service
- Provide an intensive support to those with varying needs, advocating and enabling them to access appropriate services including Housing
- Provide a rapid response in assessing housing needs for those leaving hospital who are placed temporarily in a hotel
- Assist service users to develop life skills and partake in meaningful occupation activities to promote increased independence and involvement with the community?
To apply for this role, you must have;
- Experience working with homelessness and those at risk of rough sleeping
- An understanding of working in floating support services
- Knowledge of Housing and other related Legislation and the current benefits system
- Experience and knowledge of the principles of needs and risk assessments, planning, goal setting and reviewing
- Ability to find ways of working with clients who have a history of low levels of engagement with the Service
- Ability to work in close partnership with external agencies and effectively liaise with a range of service providers or agencies in order to establish or improve services for clients.
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled for week commencing 22nd November after and the appointed candidate expected to start shortly after.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: