| Support Assistant 2
Complex Needs | 1 CR0 |£12.19 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | Permanent | Job Ref: BD7758 | Posted: 11/10/2021
Central is currently recruiting for a permanent Support Assistant, to work in the Croydon area. The service provides support to people with complex needs including rough sleepers and clients with mental health and substance misuse issues. The hostel aims to support customers to increase their life skills, self management and confidence to successfully sustain independent living.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Sunday on a rota basis, covering early (7AM - 3PM), mid (10AM - 6PM or 11AM - 7PM) and late (2PM - 10PM) shifts. There will be 2 weekends off in a 6 week rota. The pay rate for this role is £10.88 per hour, with £1.31 holiday pay, totalling £12.19 per hour.
In this position, you will be expected to;
- Work alongside Support Workers to assess customer needs and risks
- Work with customers to achieve support plan actions, recording outcomes and reviewing progress towards achieving their goals
- Establish supportive and professional relationships with customers and deal effectively with unpredictable and challenging situations
- Ensure customers are supported to achieve independent living through proactive support and building positive links with relevant agencies and external partners.
- Plan and deliver a range of customer activities and workshops.
- Support colleagues to ensure all voids are advertised and lettings made promptly.
- Support customers to pay their rent, including providing advice on benefits and debt
- Deal with breaches of occupancy agreements sensitively and efficiently
- Report repairs and maintenance in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Ensure customers have up to date information on Health and Safety, and supporting them to manage their environment
- Carry out regular Health and Safety inspections, taking immediate action to remedy health and safety defects and alerting the appropriate people in line with Health and Safety Policies
- Support colleagues to undertake risk assessments for each customer and reviewing them regularly
- Keep accurate records, including logbooks, service user files, monitoring information etc.
To apply for this role, you must have;
- A commitment to supporting the needs and aspirations of homeless and vulnerable people
- An understanding of the reasons why people become homeless and the needs and challenges they face
- Ability to plan and deliver workshops and activities to support customers to achieve the actions set out in their support plans
- Ability to document clear records and to evidence outcomes achieved with customers
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly after and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible