| Recovery Practitioner
Substance Misuse | 1 IG1 |£13.68 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | Permanent | Job Ref: BD7753 | Posted: 07/10/2021
Central is currently recruiting for four permanent Recovery Practitioners to work in the Ilford area. In this role you will be based within a substance misuse service, providing clinical and psychosocial interventions, operating from a main treatment hub, with additional satellites within the community. The service actively promotes recovery and works with individuals that are directly and indirectly affected by substance misuse.
The appointed worker will be located with the service hub and at times will work across the local community, undertaking a wide range of 'duty' and 'care-coordination' functions, working with service users from the point of first contact through to their planned exit from the service following treatment.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM. The pay rate for this role is £12.63 per hour, with £1.05 holiday pay totalling £13.68 per hour.
In this role, you will be required to;
- Carry a caseload of key clients and will have a variety of responsibilities including:
- Promoting recovery in your daily practice in both group and one-to-one settings.
- Completing comprehensive needs and risk assessments, risk management and Wellbeing & Recovery Activation Plans with service users to ensure personalised and recovery focused treatment journeys
- Act as a care coordinator by providing a range of evidence-based interventions such as key working, motivational interviewing, ITEP mapping, harm reduction and relapse prevention
- Work in partnership with clinical and aftercare services, primary care services, Criminal Justice agencies, treatment providers, service users and the local community.
- Carry out regular Recovery Plan reviews, attend and co-ordinate multi-disciplinary review meetings and provide detailed reports for service users involved with statutory services.
- Develop and facilitate group work programmes to support service users in their recovery and maximise outcomes.
- Maintain accurate and timely service user records through the case management system
To apply for this role you must have the following:
- An understanding of harm reduction approaches and their application across a variety of substances.
- Experience of conducting risk assessments and developing, implementing and evaluating risk management plans.
- Knowledge of required standards, as laid out by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE).
- Ability to deliver one-to-one psychosocial interventions with service users, make appropriate assessment of need and draw up appropriate support packages.
- Ability to engage, motivate and support vulnerable individuals through group and one-to-one interventions.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work on own initiative, manage competing priorities and consistently maintain high standards.
- Previous experience working within a prescribing service.
- Previous experience working within a recovery focused service.
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly after and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible.