| Head Of Recovery Services
Complex Needs | 1 WC2N |£29.34 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | Permanent | Job Ref: BD7725 | Posted: 13/09/2021
Central is currently recruiting for a permanent Head of Recovery Services, to work in the Central London area. The organisation aims to tackle rough sleeping by providing services designed to help people to recognise their own strengths, recover from crisis and move away from the streets for good.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the strategic and operational oversight of a number of front line services, working with the team of Service Managers to ensure high quality service delivery, service development and continuous improvement. The Head of Recovery Services will also take lead responsibility for Safeguarding.
The successful candidate will be required to work 35 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM. The pay rate for this role is £45,594 per annum with an additional on call payment of £2,200 per year. The successful candidate will primarily be working in the main office however there is flexibility to work from home approximately 1 day per week.
In this position, you will be expected to;
- Lead 3 year business planning for Recovery services, identifying opportunities to improve impact and achieve growth
- Review operational policies and procedures including Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Data Protection, to ensure the organisation meets its legal obligations in service delivery.
- Ensure all Recovery Services staff are recruited, inducted, managed and supported
- Build the confidence of Service Managers and other staff through coaching, training and other development opportunities
- Manage budgets including several cost centres, liaising with the Finance Manager where appropriate
- Identify opportunities for new service development and build partnerships with other agencies
To apply for this role, you must have;
- An understanding of the needs and experiences of people experiencing severe and multiple disadvantage and experience of delivering services to meet these needs
- Experience of developing and delivering services taking a strengths based and psychologically informed approach
- Substantial leadership and line management experience, with experience of effectively managing multidisciplinary teams and of dealing with difficult staffing situations
- Experience of writing and implementing detailed operational plans and contributing to longer term planning
- Thorough knowledge of Safeguarding and experience of supporting teams to implement and improve practice
- Able to coach and develop people to build a team and get the best from them
- Able to produce budgets, monitor expenditure, put in place financial controls where needed, secure 5 figure funding and support larger bidding processes as part of a team.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage a complex workload
- Able to work flexibly, including occasional evenings and weekends.
Please note, the Head of Recovery Services will be required to participate in the 24 hour on call rota for one in every three weeks whereby you will be contacted in emergencies.
The organisation offers permanent staff the following benefits; access to the employee assistance programme, cycle to work scheme, 30 days AL + bank holidays, comprehensive training package and investment in personal development.
Candidates must confirm their interest by Monday 11th October. In order to apply for this role, candidates must complete an application form which will include a statement of no more than two pages outlining how you meet the person specification.
Interviews are scheduled for Monday 18th October and the appointed candidate expected to start shortly after. Please note, there will be 3 stages of the interview process; a short interview with a panel of service users, formal interview with the CEO and one other Senior Manager and finally an interview with staff panel.