| Team Manager
Substance Misuse | 1 SW9 |£16.33 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | Permanent | Job Ref: BD7657 | Posted: 20/07/2021
Central is currently recruiting for a permanent Team Manager to work in the Brixton area. The service provides community support to all Lambeth residents aged 18 and over with drug and alcohol problems. The service provides structured 1 to 1 psychosocial interventions, Brief Interventions and Harm Minimisation to support service users to re-integrate fully into meaningful activity.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday. The pay rate for this role is £27,801 per annum.
In this position, you will be required to:
- Manage a team of 4 Substance Use Practitioners across the various treatment pathways
- Manage a caseload of service users presenting with drug and alcohol issues and carry out regular key working sessions
- Develop close working relationships with partner agencies, community groups and services, providing them with support, advice and training on pathways into treatment for drug and alcohol users
- Promote the service within the local community as well as to external bodies, stakeholders and potential funders
- Facilitate and participate in multi-disciplinary/agency case conferences and any other meetings as required
- Assist the Head of Services to ensure the effective recruitment, retention and motivation of staff within the team and participate in supervision and appraisals
- Ensure effective performance management of all direct reports, identifying individual and/or team training needs to meet service delivery requirements and ensure team members can maximise their potential in their careers
- Provide, collate, and regularly communicate relevant data and information for monitoring and evaluation processes to management as/when requested.
- Have budget awareness and operate within the financial constraints of the service budget, highlighting any concerns/issues to the Head of Services.
- To have an awareness of and be able to identify operational and contractual risks within the service and to work with colleagues to mitigate against significant risks.
- To work to safeguarding legislation and policies for children and vulnerable adults at all times.
To apply for this role, you must have:
- Experience of management and/or team leadership
- Experience of working in the field of alcohol and substance misuse, mental health or other comparable field
- Knowledge of providing harm minimisation and other appropriate client focussed interventions
- Experience of conducting assessments, compiling and reviewing person centred care plans and referring to appropriate services/agencies
- Ability to deliver outcome focussed recovery interventions
- Ability to prioritise and manage own work
- Experience of partnership working and multi-agency liaison
- Experience of achieving agreed objectives, targets and deadlines
- Previous experience working in a prescribing service
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, as appointed candidates are expected to start immediately following successful interview.