| Support Worker
Adults | 1 SE4 |£13.12 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 2-3 months | Job Ref: BD7540 | Posted: 21/04/2021
Central is currently recruiting for a Support Worker to work in the Lewisham area. The service provides supported accommodation to 85 adults with complex needs including mental health, substance misuse and offending issues.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Sunday, on a rota basis including early and late shifts. There are no waking night or sleep in shifts in this rota. Cover is required for 2 months. The pay rate for this role is £11.71 per hour, totalling £13.12 inclusive of holiday pay.
In this position, you will be expected to;
- Hold a caseload of approximately 20 clients with medium to low support needs in an accommodation setting
- Enable clients to understand their emotional and mental health needs and manage these effectively
- Support clients to develop their living skills, develop & manage relationships, build social networks and access education, training or employment
- Complete comprehensive needs and risk assessments with clients and identify short-term objectives
- Travel to external sites
Please note, there will be an element of housing management work with the expectation that clients manage a successful tenancy before moving on to more independent housing.
To apply for this role candidates must have;
- Experience of working with clients with complex needs including people who experience mental health problems and other complex needs
- Demonstrable understanding of the Recovery Model
- The ability to engage and motivate clients to move towards independence and inclusion
- Experience managing a caseload and completing needs and risk assessments
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly and the role expected to start on Monday 3rd May.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: