| Support Worker
Young People | 1 SE3 |£13.12 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 2-3 months | Job Ref: BD7518 | Posted: 25/03/2021
Central is currently recruiting for a Support Worker, to work in the Greenwich area. The service is an 8 bed service providing support to young people aged between 16 - 21 years old with complex needs. The service is a combination of shared flats and self-contained flats and aims to empower independent living.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Sunday on a rota basis covering early shifts (8AM-4PM), mid shifts (approximately 12PM - 8PM) and late shifts (2.30PM-10.30PM). Cover is required for three months, with the possibility of extension. The pay rate for this role is £11.71 per hour, totalling £13.12 inclusive of holiday pay.
In this position, you will be expected to;
- Hold a caseload of clients and conduct regular key working sessions resulting in agreed Support Plans. The Support Plans created will inform ongoing casework which promotes independence and prepares young people for eventual move on to independent accommodation
- Complete comprehensive risk and needs assessments
- Ensure that safeguarding and addressing the immediate needs of the young people are paramount to service delivery
- Work in conjunction with colleagues to interview and comprehensively assess referrals
- Work with young people to identify activities that they would like to take part in and run activities or small groups in response to identified client needs
- Work with young people to maximise benefit entitlements and secure project income through the collection of rents and service charges, so prior knowledge of this is required
To apply for this role candidates must have;
- At least 12 months of experience of working with young people in a residential setting
- Experience of assessing risk and needs, creating support plans, goal setting and reviewing with young people
- An understanding of the methods that could be used to develop life skills and involvement in meaningful ETE activity
Please note, this role involves some lone working.
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: