| Support Worker
Homeless People and Substance Misuse | 1 WC1X |£13.12 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 2-3 months | Job Ref: BD7489 | Posted: 09/03/2021
Central is currently recruiting for a Support Worker, to work in the King's Cross area. The service provides support to homeless people with complex needs including substance misuse and dual diagnosis within a hostel service. The service aims to help individuals move towards independent living.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Sunday on a rota basis covering 12.5 hour shifts (8AM - 8:30PM), 3 days per week. The cover required is ongoing. The pay rate for this role is £11.71 per hour, totalling £13.12 inclusive of holiday pay.
In this position, you will be expected to;
- Hold a caseload of clients and conduct regular key working sessions
- Complete risk and needs assessments
- Create relevant support plans and assist in the implementation of current support plan objectives
- Undertake a range of activities with clients such as assisting service users with accessing benefits, providing help with budgeting and housing management
- Work alongside service users in developing and reaching their goals towards independence
- Complete referrals and assessments
- Process move ins
- Carry out partnership working
- Manage client's use of time
- Complete Health and Safety checks
To apply for this role candidates must have extensive experience of working with clients with complex needs such as substance misuse issues with a person-centred approach within accommodation services. You must have previous experience of holding a caseload, conducting support plans, risk assessments and needs assessments.
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: