| Support Assistant (london A)
Mental Health | 1 NW5 |£12.05 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | Permanent | Job Ref: BD7479 | Posted: 17/02/2021
Central is currently recruiting for two Support Assistants to work in a residential/rehabilitation service for clients with mental health, dual diagnosis, learning disability and physical disabilities needs in Kentish Town.
The service is CQC registered and provides a holistic, multidisciplinary approach with care and support staff working alongside in-house NHS clinicians, to help customers regain their independent living skills.
The successful candidate must be available to work full-time, covering 37.5 hours per week from Monday - Sunday on a rota basis. The hourly rate for this role is £10.75, totalling £12.05 per hour inclusive of holiday pay.
Successful candidates will be required to initially transfer to a casual contract, with the opportunity to transfer to a permanent contract at a later stage.
In this role, you will:
- Provide a broad range of support and care tasks to a caseload of customers. Tasks will focus on areas such as daily living skills and tackling social isolation.
- Ensure support and care plans are developed to meet assessed needs
- Provide support in partnership with other statutory and voluntary agencies in the community, liaise with other agencies as necessary to ensure customers receive appropriate advice and support
- Support customers to ensure they are in receipt of all entitled benefits and services
- Undertake administrative duties related to the day to day running of the service
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults in a paid capacity
- The desire to provide high quality person-centred mental and physical health care, and a drive to understand and support the needs of vulnerable adults
- Previous experience of preparing care plans
- Experience of diffusing and de-escalating challenging behaviours should they be presented
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent written skills
As a support assistant, you will be responsible for the day to day support of the customers whilst building and maintaining relationships with residents and their families. The post holder will have the ability to grow and develop within a flexible staff team to ensure delivery of the required outcomes for this service.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Fantastic induction, training, and ongoing support to grow your knowledge within the care industry
- Opportunities to progress your career within the organisation
Interviews for this role are scheduled to take place towards the end of February and start of March 2021, with candidates invited to start as soon as possible once appointed, following DBS and compliance checks.