| Sho Vacant Post
Young People | 1 NW9 |£12.82 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 3-4 months | Job Ref: BD7460 | Posted: 05/02/2021
Central is currently recruiting for a part time Supported Housing Officer for a Barnet-based Floating Support service. You will be providing support to young people in accommodation services across the borough of Barnet.
The successful candidate will be required to work 16 hours per week. The working days and times are not fixed but the ability to work during the day, some Saturdays and some evenings is essential. The 16 core hours per week will need to be worked across a minimum of 4 days per week, with each shift being 3 - 4 hours long. There will be some flexibility to increase above 16 hours per week if required.
Cover is required for a minimum of 3 months, with the possibility of extension. The pay rate for this role is £11.19 per hour totalling £12.82 inclusive of holiday pay.
In this position, you will be responsible for;
- Holding a caseload of 4 young people and providing them with support to manage and sustain their tenancies
- Attending two sites across the Barnet borough where the service users live, carrying out key work sessions on site and writing up key work notes afterwards
- Supporting vulnerable young people with developing independent living skills (for example; prompting young people to clean their room, make their bed etc)
- Supporting the young people with rent and arrears, completing health and safety checks, participate in pathway meetings and work with your young people to access EET opportunities
- Dealing with challenging situations if they arise. You will need to follow up on challenging behaviours and incidents by handing over information to the relevant staff members
To apply for this role, you must have at least 2 years' experience of working within a floating support service and working with young people. You must also be able to demonstrate that you can work with difficult to engage people.
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: