| Progression Coach
Young People | 1 SE1 |£13.28 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 1-2 months | Job Ref: BD7548 | Posted: 04/05/2021
Central is currently recruiting for a Progression Coach with floating support experience. The service provides floating support to the boroughs of Greenwich and Bromley to young people and care leavers between the ages of 16 - 25 with complex needs.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5:30PM but some flexibility will be required. Cover is required for 3 - 4 weeks, with the possibility of extension. The pay rate for this role is £11.85 per hour, totalling £13.28 inclusive of holiday pay. The successful candidate will be expected to work from home for the majority of the time however there will also be some face to face contact with clients across the boroughs of Greenwich and Bromley as required. A laptop and phone will be provided and any travel costs will be reimbursed.
In this position, you will be expected to;
- Hold a caseload of 25 clients and conduct regular key working sessions, providing one to one support
- Carry out weekly check-ins with each client, who may require between 1-2 hours of support
- Complete comprehensive risk and needs assessments
- Work largely remotely however when there's a need to visit clients in the Greenwich and Bromley boroughs, you will have the flexibility to do this
- Provide practical support in areas such as education, training and employment, benefits, budgeting and finances, housing, tenancy sustainment, accessing wellbeing services etc
- Work with the young people to identify goals and you may need to support the young people with job applications etc.
To apply for this role, you must have;
- Experience of working with young people with complex needs
- Experience working in a floating support environment
- Experience of working with a large caseload of care leavers
- Previous experience of conducting support plans, risk and needs assessments
- Must be self-motivated and organised as you will be loneworking and with a large caseload
- Experience working with hard to engage clients, including finding creative solutions to engage young people
- Experience using virtual meeting tools (such as Zoom) as some key working sessions will be carried out virtually
Candidates should confirm their interest by Friday 7th May, with interviews scheduled for week commencing 10th May and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible